Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Premonitions or pure coincidence??

Have u ever experienced sumthin (e.g. an event or simply sumthin happening) and it happens the very next minute?? I've experienced this a number of times, 3 of which I remember very clearly:

Incident #1:
Was in Form 5, I think it was towards the end of the school year so we were all pretty relaxed (before slogging like hell for SPM) and it was a day where we didn't have classes but went around school taking pics for memories' sake. I had my Olympus camera slung over my shoulder and was walking towards one of the classrooms when a thought came to my mind "I'd better hold my camera tightly else it might slip from my grasp"... and the next thing I know, someone comes running, bumps into me and my camera goes flying outta my hands and crashes onto the floor, and i see some parts of the camera shattering and small pieces scattering around! At first, I was just stunned frozen coz the first thing in my mind was, "Oh my gawd, I was just thinking abt this happening abt 2 secs ago and it actually happened!"... then I got really upset coz the camera was my 12th b'day present from my parents and had great sentimental value. Thankfully, I managed to get it fixed and it worked fine after that. I think it still works but I haven't used it in a couple of years.


Incident #2:
Was @ Sutra, in the bathroom changing into my white kurta. The bathroom floor was wet coz someone had showered before I entered. Was holding my kurta when I thought "Hhhmmm, I better not drop my kurta on the floor else it'll get wet and I won't be able to wear it". Next thing I know, just as I was trying to put it on, I fumbled and it slipped outta my hands and onto the wet floor! Needless to say, it got wet and obviously, I couldn't wear it after that. Thank gawd I'd brought an extra top along that day...

Incident #3:
Happened this evening. Was @ Lake Club, putting on my contacts, getting ready for Odissi. Was rinsing out my contact lense case so I was @ the sink. There wasn't a cover over the drainage hole (is that wat its called?) so I thought to myself "Better hold on to the contact lense case caps carefully, else if it slips and tumbles down the drainage hole, there goes my contact lense case and I dun have any additional with me". And guess wat happened????? Duh! The cap that I was rinsing slipped outta my fingers and tumbles down the hole!!! Talk abt freaky, man!! And I couldn't get the cap outta the hole (even though it only went down halfway) coz it got stuck. Had to S.O.S. Chin Lai for spare contact lense case... thank goodness he had a spare coz I'd just opened a new pair of lenses and it would be such a HUGE waste to dump them after just 2-3 uses.

So there u have it.... premonition or pure coincidence????? u tell me.... *twilight zone theme* hehe...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home