Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, September 26, 2005

happenings @ work...and out

the work situation is still status quo... still supporting my existing clients (especially a really fussy one, in particular) and also helping out with proposals. Recent happenings:
  1. Had my appraisal and KPI discussion with the Boss about 2 weeks ago. She seems reasonably satisfied with my performance and I got a 6.22% increment (which was a nice surprise coz I wasn't expecting a mid-yr increment). According to the Boss, I'm quite mature for my age and as such, has no qualms about me handling the clients. A little off topic, I seem to get this comment "U're quite mature for ur age" from various parties. At times, it could be a good thing (like @ work) but outside of work, I'm not too sure if it's as positive... it makes me sound like i'm a boring 40-yr-old soul stuck in a 26-yr-old body! lol! Ah well... i am who i am so... i just need to stop worrying/thinking so much coz i tend to frown a lot when i do, haha! Gotta stop doing it, else gonna get tons of wrinkles! lol!
  2. The co's going for listing soon. This Thursday is the prospectus launch... and i've been assigned to be one of the 2 VIP ushers... and we're supposed to be @ the venue @ 7:30 in the freaking morning! *WAAIILLL* Gawd, have to brave the KL traffic to get there on time... ugh...

Other non-work happenings...

  1. Going to see Buena Vista @ KL Hilton tonite! :D
  2. Navarathri performance on 5-Oct; Vijayadasami on 12-Oct. Ramli's decided to have us wear our checked practice sarees for both events this year so we won't get to wear our usual Odissi performance attire :o(
  3. Have decided not to go anywhere for vacation for the rest of the year and save up to go somewhere interesting next year. Guess I'll finally manage to use up my 3 remaining spa sessions ;o)
  4. Gotta start thinking about ideas to promote cat spaying/neutering amongst the public. Received email from the SPCA, they're working on getting a Cat Spaying/Neutering project which is aimed @ educating the public about the TNR (Trap-Neuter-Release) method of controlling cat overpopulation, much like wat some of us are doing i.e. rounding up strays, get them fixed, and releasing them. Also work with vets in different areas to support the project and offer discounted rates. Gotta talk to Dr Vijay about this since he gives me 50% discount when I bring in my strays to get fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home