Anticipated Serendipity II

Sunday, September 25, 2005

in holy matrimony...


Attended Mich's and Ragu's wedding today...church ceremony was @ 3pm and dinner @ 7:30pm. Gawd, I always get choked up @ church weddings... the atmosphere and music just gets to me every time. Anyway, I was a little late getting there. By the time I got to the church, Mich was just walking down the aisle with her dad. I think the music was Pachalbel's Canon and that was when I started tearing coz the combination of happiness for a dear friend and the soft, mellow music just brought up a wave of emotions and i had to keep telling myself not to cry, else i'd ruin my makeup!

The ceremony ran smoothly and was over in a reasonable amount of time. Had another bout of tears in the middle of the readings (duh!) and this time, had to resort to using a tissue to blot my eyes... geez... I was like, "get a grip, woman! wat the hell's wrong with u?!" hehe... internal battle with meself...

After the pix session, rushed home to get my saree coz was supposed to go to a friend's place with Audrey to get our sarees tied (i couldn't handle our sarees coz one is too elaborate and the other is too fragile!). Got to Amrit/Amita's place, found out that my saree is too short! So decided not to wear it so Audrey got hers tied.

Got home and I dug out my other saree. Dressed up and rushed over to KGNS. Former VS colleagures were there : Chien Li, Su Ming, Jacq, Elaine, Philip (wife & kid), Chung Moh (& wife), Audrey, and of course, moi. Amazingly, the entire dinner session only took about 1.5 hrs so we were done by 9:30pm. Was gonna leave but Mich said to stay coz she was going to throw her bouquet. I informed Audrey and Chung Moh, and they suddenly had the idea that I wanted to get the bouquet! Wat the...?! When Mich got ready to throw it, Audrey and Chung Moh were shouting "Michelle! Here! Here!! Ai Ling wants it!" and I was just cringing with embarrassment! OMG! I luv these ppl but sometimes, they can really embarrass me in public, especially Audrey! lol! Anyway, Mich had to do it 3 times(!) coz the first 2 weren't successful. The first time, either her father or father-in-law caught the bouquet. The 2nd time, she threw it too hight and it hit the ceiling and went straight down. The 3rd time, it landed in front of Angie (CM's wife) who picked it up and gave it to me(!)... and i'm like "wat am i supposed to do with this?!" I mouthed to Mich and she mouthed back "Keep it!"... and her mom, who was right in front of me, said "U gotta keep it, u're next!"... HAH! I'm like "uuhhh, yeah, and I wonder who the groom's gonna be!" lol!

So anyway, that was the end of the nite... am so happy for my dear friend and I wish the newlyweds all the best and hope they have a wonderful life together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home