Anticipated Serendipity II

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My Pet Peeves...

  1. People who speak so softly that u need bionic ears to hear them. Also, undecisively. Case in point: I know this guy who speaks really softly and sounds like he's so not sure of himself. This really gets on my nerves coz when I'm @ work, time's of utmost essence and when we have meetings, we wanna get things out and sorted as fast as possible. And when ppl can't speak up, it bugs the hell outta me coz i'll be like "hallo? do u have something to say? if u do, just say it and let's get on with it!" instead of having to probe and probe for the details. Hhhmmpphh... maybe i need to be more patient? But i'm especially irritated when guys are like this coz (1) hey, u're a man, for crying out loud! so start acting like one! (2) it reflects negatively on how they carry themselves coz if they can't speak up confidently, it reflects their low self-confidence and insecurity. Even if u're not confident/insecure, at least just fake it la! And by speaking confidently, i dun mean by sounding arrogant or cocky but speak like u know wat u're talking abt and u know wat u want. I know ppl who are soft-spoken in nature but when they speak, they do it confidently so others actually listen to them and take heed.
  2. People who are not proficient in the English language but who think they are. Oh gawd! Maaaann, the way some ppl butcher the English language is just horrendous! And wat's worse is that they think they can speak/write English well! I'm not claiming that I'm 101% proficient in the language but I can safely say that I can do more than carry out a conversation with the roti man. Was browsing thru ppl's profiles on ahmoi.com (yeah yeah, i really didn't have anything better to do! lol!) and the English! OMG! I dun even wanna mention any here... it's that awful! I can't imagine a better turn-off method! But then again, maybe it's just me..... i'm just such a stickler for language and grammar... haha... needless to say, my partner would definitely need to speak/write at least as well as I do...
  3. People who dun show up on time for meetings and make others wait and wait for them. ARGH! Like we dun have our own work to complete! Ggggrrrrr...
  4. People who cannot make up their minds over simple things that usually require a Yes/No answer.

There're definitely more... but these are all that i can think of for now... hhhmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home