Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, September 22, 2005

salsa @ charlie's...

Last nite, i went to check out charlie's with Chin Lai. The place is quite nice actually... quaint, cozy and relaxing. There weren't many people there... maybe about 3-4 couples on the dancefloor when we got there and later, most people left, leaving the dancefloor to the 2 of us, which was really nice coz we got the entire place to practice... hehe...

Unfortunately, it was my off-spin-day yesterday coz I couldn't spin for nuts! Not sure if it was due to my headaches but each time i spun, my head would be literally spinning and i got totally off-balance. It was quite bad actually... :o( poor Chin Lai had to catch hold of me after each spin so that i wouldn't fly off and hit the wall! lol!

Anyway, Sam and Aisha joined us at around 11:45pm... it was just the 4 of us by then, plus the DJ, his wife, and the bartender. Drinks there are quite reasonable. Danced with Aisha... she commented later on that I'm a good follower but I need to now work on shaping my body i.e. I think that means I gotta groove more... I try to, but always, the concentration on executing the steps properly will occupy my mind and I'd forget about grooving. I guess this is where the experience and practice come in... need to work the groove in and hope i get it over time. Danced with Sam, he was trying out variations of a move that Chin Lai had picked up from the net. It was quite fun... coz i got to feel the different leads stemming off from the same move... interesting...


Oops... gotta get ready to head to PWTC now... bleecckkk... dun help that i'm still half asleep *yaaawwwnnn* I hope the traffic isn't too bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home