Anticipated Serendipity II

Friday, October 20, 2006

What have ppl become???????

Oh wow... I dun even know how to start describing wat I felt when I witnessed this incident earlier this afternoon.

Was stuck in a traffic jam along Jln Dang Wangi when I noticed these 2 men, at the side of the road on my left, having a heated argument. Apparently, this Merc had hit into this Camry from the back. The damage wasn't bad, probably just some scratches, there wasn't even any noticeable dent. But these 2 men were damn angry.

So the driver of the Merc (Driver M - casually dressed) got back into his car and I thought the "discussion" was over. But the driver of the Camry (Driver C - decently dressed in office attire including tie) seemed to get even more upset and started yelling "Bodoh" at Driver M. Then he opened his car door and got out his umbrella and started rushing at the Merc threateningly. He looked like he was going to smash the Merc's windscreen with it. He didn't but he gave the Merc a hard kick near the front headlight. The damage from his kick was worse than wat the Merc did to the Camry.

Naturally, Driver M got pissed, got out of his car, they started arguing again with Driver C brandishing his umbrelly like a weapon and then Driver M tackled Driver C in a throathold (or neckhold, or watever hold it is where someone has his arm over another person's neck from behind). Then another driver, this lady in a car beside mine, who was obviously witnessing the scene as well (we were all caught in a traffic jam, we couldn't NOT notice wat was happening in front of our eyes)... she started yelling and get out of her car with a baton-like stick and charged towards the men to break them apart (so brave... and rather foolish, I thought. The men could've turned on her, seeing that they were in such a rage.) After which another passerby also stepped in to break the fight. Driver M let go of Driver C but both were still very upset. Driver M slammed his fist on Driver C's car before going back to his car. By this time, the traffic was moving so I left the scene with Driver C getting out his handphone.

Wat was so scary abt this scene, to me, was how upset the 2 men were over such a SMALL thing! I mean, it wasn't like Driver C's car got smashed to bits. I'm assuming that Driver M must've said something to provoke Driver C into such rage but seriously, if ppl can get so upset over such a SMALL, TRIVIAL thing like a scratch/dent on a car, can u imagine wat would happen if something really big had happened? Like, wat if Driver M had hit into Driver C's car and caused real damage to the rear end of the car???? Are they gonna bash each other up with umbrellas and sticks, or take out guns and start shooting at each other?????

Seriously, a car can always be fixed, let alone some surface damage like a dent or a scratch on the body of the car. But imagine if Driver M had a gun and he'd shot Driver C out of self-defence (Driver C was wielding the umbrella like a weapon and looked like he was gonna smash Driver M's windscreen with it)... even if the damage to the car was worse that wat it was, is it really worth it for u to potentially lose ur life over it?????

I have no idea wat ppl have come to these days. I was internally shaken after witnessing that incident and I think if I ever hit another car (God forbid!), I think I'll admit I'm in the wrong (unless it's 100% obvious that it wasn't my fault), pay the damages and move on. It's not worth it to deal with ppl who can't control their rage and who are a danger to society as a whole.

Oh wait... I dun even know wat type of crappy society I'm living in nowadays. Now I'm so paranoid that I feel like every single person out on the street is a timebomb waiting to explode.

o_O

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home