Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Things I Don't Understand

I've said this once (or more) and I'm saying it again...

I absolutely detest it when ppl who have a problem with me, they dun come to me and tell me the problem that they have with me straight to my face. Instead, they go and bitch about it to someone else. Someone else who won't be able to do anything to rectify the problem. And the only one who can rectify the problem (if any rectification needs to be done) is, oh wat d'ya know, it's ME... coz well, the problem that they have is with ME rite??? Why waste your time bitching about it to someone who can't do anything about it when you can go straight to the source and resolve it once and for all???

THAT never fails to puzzle me...

I guess the human nature to bitch about someone else is stronger than wanting to resolve any conflict.

Hhmmm...

**********
Maybe I've got an idealized view of RIGHT and WRONG.


But I've always expected ppl to admit to their mistakes and apologize for them... and if I were the one who did something wrong, I'd be more than happy to apologize. To me, it's that simple.

But I've come to realize that a lot of ppl are not very giving with their apologies. They either dun want to apologize or they feel that they didn't do anything wrong.

THAT just irks me to bits.

I expect the same from everyone... no double standards, no exceptions. And I expect no less from myself. Do unto others and all that, y'know. Doesn't matter if you're a stranger, family, friend, or colleague. If I'm wrong, I will apologize and we'll get on with life. And I expect vice versa from others.

Sadly though, a lot of ppl dun see it this way. We've got the egos and the "faces", as wat the Chinese call it, to deal with.

I MUST to learn to be less idealistic about human behavior. After all, we'll most likely be the source of destruction of the human race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home