Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, October 10, 2005

In dilemma...

Gawd... am in such a dilemma over my job situation!!!! Got a potential offer that's quite attractive BUT it comes with a lot of stress and long hrs and very IT-related... but it's a potential stepping stone to what I wanna do i.e. project management. But I'm quite accustomed to my worklife now and i've more time for myself and my activities outside of work and am not willing to give them up... though I dun prefer to do support work. I would say my job now is 50% support and 50% project managing, which is manageable thus far.

But then i think, i'm still young so why am i not driven to work harder and achieve more??? Why??!! Well, maybe it's coz I've done the late nites and stress before and I dun ever wanna be in that situation ever again! It was horrible!!! Not to mention that I totally lost my personal time and social life coz when I finally got off work, I'd be busy sleeping trying to make up for the sleep I'd lost and had no energy to go out and meet up with friends *shudder* Plus currently, I have a lot of flexibility and independence coz my boss is not in the office a lot so I need to be independent and look for solutions on my own as I can't afford to wait for my boss to come in to refer to her. Also, I think that this job allows me to meet more ppl and thus, widen my network.

Sooooo.... hooooowwwww????? I think i'm more inclined to stay where i am right now. But am feeling rather guilty abt giving up the offer. I hope it's the right decision... sigh... why do i always suck at making decisions like this.... :o(

2 Comments:

  • points to ponder:

    1. is it worth the stress, nil social life and whatever it is you'll be learning to give up your current job and free time?

    2. what's your career path? are you going to be learning that much to get you that far in the amount of time you want to get where you want to be?

    3. how many years can you sustain the stress level?

    4. after this new job, where to?

    5. your current job allows you to increase your network, other than that, what else is good about current job and can you live with it, and where do you think you'll be able to go with you current job.

    6. or you can go with my golden rule: if you have to think too much about it, it's probably not worth it.

    By Blogger Ashkarya, at October 11, 2005 8:53 AM  

  • haha... i like #6... with all that thinking, am suprised i haven't sprouted a head of white hair overnite! lol!

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at October 11, 2005 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home