Anticipated Serendipity II

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Wat a Night...

I was at Paris Hilton's album launch at Zouk on Friday nite. Yep, I was there... but not exactly by choice. And let's just say that the event was NOT up to my expectations at all.

And I'm further reminded why I've never liked going to clubs like Zouk. Imo, (1) It's a pretentious place, (2) The music sucks, (3) It's so boring. Give me a salsa club any nite, at least I know I can work up some sweat rather than just absorb cigarette smoke in my hair and clothes. Maybe I'm biased but really, these clubs just dun have any appeal at all, haha.

The nite was rather spoiled because of 2 incidents...

Before we went in to Zouk, we were sitting at the Terrace Bar, watching the big screen TV and drinking our margaritas when this bunch of foreigners (most likely Americans from their accent) walked in. There were about 10+ of them and they caught my attention coz firstly, they were loud. Secondly, they started demanding loudly to a waiter for a VIP table coz according to one of them, they'd spent like, 4000 dollars (or some equally high amount) at that place. Then, this is the most ridiculous part of the whole scene, one of them pulls out a gold credit card, holds it up to the waiter's face and says "You see this? This is a VIP card. V-I-P. We are Very Important People". At this point, I was already rolling my eyes and thinking, "Aiyoh! Gold credit card only mar. I also got lar! Just apply then can get lar. Since when does having a gold credit card entitle u to be a VIP?!"


And then, the waiter who was trying to get a table set up for them (the place was quite full), had the nerve to ask the 2 ladies sitting behind our table to move up to the bar so he could let this group of rude, loud, inconsiderate foreigners have the table. I mean, come on lar! Those ladies are also paying for their drinks, ok??? This is not a kopitiam where it is normal practice to request for customers to share tables or move to a smaller table so the table can be given to a larger group. Just coz this bunch of rude foreigners come in and demand for a table, u ask a customer who's already occupying a table and in the middle of their drink to vacate the table for these ppl??? Let THEM sit at the freaking bar and wait for a table to become available lar! Geez! Maybe this could be standard practice in the F&B industry... I dunno, I'm not in the industry but I just think it's wrong. There was no sign that any of the tables were VIP tables and if they wanted to cater to so-called VIPs like these, they should just build a VIP room so they can just stash these loud VIPs there and not compromise the comfort of their other regular paying customers.

***************
Then, as I was driving out of the open air car park that's opposite Saloma and MATIC (next to Lai Meng Chinese school), as I just moving to merge into the oncoming traffic on my side of the road (I wanted to head to Jln Bkt Bintang via KLCC), I almost hit this 2 mat sallehs who chose to walk across in front of my car at that particular moment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Ok, so it was my fault for not looking out for traffic coming from the left side of me when I'd just wanted to merge into the lane going the same direction (apparently, pedestrians take precedence in ALL situations)... but u'd think it was common sense to walk BEHIND a car who was just abt to make a left turn into traffic.

I was quite shaken after that coz it's never happened to me before and I was trying to figure out why. So after thinking back to all similar driving scenarios, I've never come across anyone who'd walked in front of my car! But anyway, like I was told by Merv, pedestrians rule. So thanks to this incident, I'll be more paranoid in the future abt looking out for pedestrians with no common sense at all.

***************
Seriously, wat's with all these foreigners who come to our country and think that they can flash around their gold credit cards and get VIP treatment and walking like they own the freaking roads??? I dun go to other ppl's countries and make a nuisance of myself.

***************
Thankfully, the lousy first part of the nite was compensated by an enjoyable salsa nite, though Salsa Havana was really quite hot. Dunno wat happened to their air-conditioning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home