Anticipated Serendipity II

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Relaxing holiday... and now it's back to work! (Penang Part 1)

Another yr's passed... it's the 3rd day of the new year and we're all back to work. Time for a whole new set of proposals, quotas, targets... I've got one waiting for me to work on right this very moment but am still in the holiday mood so have not started on it yet, except for the template, hehe...

Went to Penang last week. It's been yrs since I've been there... dun even remember the last time I was there! The weather was cool and not rainy, at least, not during the day. But the first day was horrible coz I woke up with a terrible cold and I was sneezing and my nose was acting up all the way from KL to Ipoh to Penang to the hotel, while swimming, during dinner, even during salsa! How absolutely mortifying! That was the reason why I didn't ask any other guy to dance, coz I was soooo afraid that my nose would drip in the middle of the dance and that would be so horribly humiliating! :o(

Anyway, we arrived at Penang around 2pm, I think... checked into the hotel, I got some sleep coz the nose was really bothering me and I thought maybe I could try and sleep it off. Woke up and the nose did feel a lil' better so went for a swim at the hotel pool. Oh maaaaan! The water was soooo blurdy cold!!!! GAH! And I didn't bring along my goggles so I was practically blind. But anyway, managed to make my way around the pool without any major casualties... hehe. After the swim, we went for dinner. The original stalls at Gurney Drive have been temporarily moved to another location nearby after the tsunami. Wow, we had prawn mee, char kuey teow, popiah, chee cheong fun, wu tao kou (no idea how to spell this! but my mom makes it sooo much better!) and fried sotong. Gawd, wat gluttons! lol!


After dinner, we went to the Island Plaza coz I had to get some moisturizer and some meds for the nose coz it still was as bad as it was in the morning. Pharmacist recommended Clarityne coz it has more antihistamine content. I was just eager to take something that would stop me from sneezing and my nose from dripping! So there we were, walking around the practically empty mall... me still sneezing my head off so we decided to go back to the hotel so I could get some rest before we headed off to Bagan for...... SALSAAAAA!!! Haha, yeah... can't stay away from salsa, even when we're on holiday ;o) and it so happened that there was salsa nite at The Bagan Bar & Restaurant, which was around Gurney Drive, quite close to our hotel...

*Part 2 to be continued.....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home