Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, December 19, 2005

Tribute to my crazy, wacky friends! :o)

I luv my SMCK* friends!!! They're fun, sarcastic, incredibly wacky and crazy but most of all, they're the friends I grew up with and the ones who know me for who I really am. We've had our share of spats and squabbles but we always made up and the bond just got stronger after that.

Last Sat, we had a pre-Xmas BBQ at Poh Fei's place... most of the group was there, some with their significant others. Bee Suan, Siow Lan, Steph, Joann, Chris, Li May... it was great to see everyone again. The last time I saw some of them was at my salsa competition a couple of weeks ago.

So there we were, being ourselves, having the time of our lives and being sarcastic to each other (as usual, hehe)... to the casual observer, all the sarcasm might be a lil' too much to stomach but that's how we are all the time and it's all in good fun, never with any ill feeling towards each other. I guess u could say that that's our way of showing our affection to each other... and shows how comfortable we are with each other that we can diss each other and still end up rolling on the floor, laughing our guts out together.

Got a lil' high thru the evening, on vodka mix (I think Anthony - Siow Lan's other half - mixed like, 3/4 of the bottle into the 'punch bowl'!)... after my 3rd cup, was feeling very hot and a teeny weeny bit tipsy
... hehe... this is actually the first time I'd drank any alcohol at any of our gatherings, coz I had a backup driver in case the need arose, hehe... so after the vodka, i started on the wines that I'd brought. Loved the wines! They were fruit-flavored, naturally... hehe...i dun like those bitter (or is it dry?) ones... bleeecckkk... loved 'em so much that i was so tempted to buy another bottle when i was at BSC yesterday... hehe...

Played Taboo... haha, when the card for 'Wonderbra' came up and my team was guessing, Li May went 'it's something that i need' and Anthony went 'breast implants?'... and all of us burst out laughing!!! hahaha!! that was soooooo funny! :D

Aaaaaahhh... it was great to be with my buddies again. We've been thru the painful teen yrs together. That was more than 10 yrs ago. Now one of us is married... almost all are securely and happily attached, save for the few of us 'delinquents', hehe. Soon the kids'll start coming... hey, maybe we could be godmas to each others' kiddies! hehe... ;o)

Anyway, i love u gals! U know who u are... :o) We MUST meet up more often, ya... Merry Xmas and an awesome New Year!

*SMCK = Sekolah Menengah Convent Kajang ;o)

1 Comments:

  • hey how about joining ur usual group of friends with my group ( Yee Lien, Angeline, Siew Tuan, Siew Tin and (Mey Ping and Sharmili- the two that are always busy!) the next time we have a meet-up? say, CNY is coming since u gals already celebrate X-mas together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 20, 2005 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home