Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, November 28, 2005

We did it!!!!

We did it!!! We did it!!!!! We managed to get thru the competition without any horrifying mistakes!! lol! Go to my partner's site to watch the video and see some pics.

Thanks to my lucky pardner (he picked out our number), we were the last couple to go on (#7). Giving us enuf time for our costume change and also make an impact, hehe... ;o)

Anyway, we were up for the Group Dancing first. Being the last couple to go out to the dancefloor, we had quite a bit of space so we weren't cramped up like the others. Screwed up a few leads here but kept the smile in place, haha...

Each couple's routine went by pretty quickly but me and Chin Lai were pre-warned not to watch, lest it made us more nervous. From the dressing room, we noticed that they did away with the short interview session (thank gawd! Given the emcee's gawd-awful English, I dun think I would've understood a single word he said!).

As our turn came closer, could feel my heartbeat increase as well, up to a point where Chin Lai remarked, 'Uh, ur heart's beating fast' and i went 'uh huh'... haha... or sumthin to that effect. I was just trying to keep my head together and calm myself down when i hear the emcee announce 'Couple No. 7!'...

So out we went, did a short bow and took our places. Nodded to the DJ to play our song and off we went! Started out pretty ok but when i did the one-leg-squat-with-other-leg-extended, darn floor was sooo sticky that it was so hard for Chin Lai to turn me around! Gawd, I swear my left arm muscles had to work doubly hard that evening just to make sure i didn't fall over! lol! Blah blah blah... oooohhhh, can u believe that we blanked out at certain spots where we'd never had any problems before?! I think the major one was at our 'wow' move... my partner, bless him, i could see on his face, a look of pure blankness when we got to that part. And i was like 'oh my gawd! oh my gawd! he forgot the move!!!!'... and was soooo worried coz i needed him to sorta lift me for this move and there was no way i could wing it on my own. So I just went for it and thank gawd he remembered in time and we just managed to scrape thru, though not as gracefully as we'd normally done it. Phew! Close call! And our ending dip, i managed to bang my left ear on his knee.. oowww! But no matter, at least we managed to finish the routine without any humiliating mistakes, haha! :o)

Aisha was so funny... after the competition, she told me 'when u came out, i felt like crying!'... and i went 'haha, like how a mother would feel if her child were to perform the first time, rite?'... and she said 'yah yah'...well, it's thanks to Sam and Aisha for their hard work and patience in coaching us that we'd managed to even make it into the competition, so here's to Sam and Aisha... THANK YOU! :o)

And most of all to my partner, who looked absolutely dashing that nite ;o) ... thanks for sticking by and not strangling me when i was at my worst... haha...

oh, did i mention that we were voted Crowd Favorite that nite? I'm sure my SMCK buddies had a fair bit to do with this, lol! That's them on the right... :o) Me and partner were stunned when this was announced coz we weren't expecting it at all... and we were standing there, looking lost coz we didn't know wat to do! lol!

So well... there u have it... the organizers will announce the finalists this Thu so we'll have to wait and see if we make it... BIG THANKS to all who turned up to support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home