Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Airbus A380

I love planes... discounting the fact that I dun particularly like flying (I prefer my feet to be on firm ground), I think planes are one of our most amazing inventions. The fact that we managed to put together minute pieces of metal and hook up the electronics to actually get the machine up in the air is just short of amazing and I'm always in awe when I'm in a plane. I especially like sitting near the wings where I have good view of the flaps and slats during takeoff and landing. I just love watching the individual pieces working to control the force during takeoffs and landings. So coooooll!! :o)

Soooooo... the arrival of the new spanking new Airbus A380 is nothing short of awesome! Imagine this great big bird in the sky, man! 7-storey high, seats 500+ passangers... wow! And I lurve Airbuses! More so over Boeing... coz their interior design seems cleaner, more sleek, and roomier than Boeing's. And imagine, it can fit in bars, gyms, and duty free shops!

The bird touched down in KLIA at about 8:30pm last nite. Wow, I'd just like to take a tour of the plane, man! It's sooooo massive! Was listening to radio this morning and they were talking abt it... I wonder if they're giving away free passes to check out the plane, hehe...

A few A380 facts:
  • Its wings are built in Broughton, North Wales
  • Engines made by Rolls Royce
  • Originally called the A3XX
  • The '8' represents the plane's double-decks and is a symbol of success in Asia

Here's a pic of the big bird (courtesy of Airbus' website)...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home