Anticipated Serendipity II

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

One down, one more to go...

Well, we managed to get thru the dress rehearsal in one piece... haha... The most tedious part of the entire process was putting on the makeup! Ugh! I never liked this part of putting on a show... takes me at least an hr to put on my Odissi makeup and I think i took abt the same amount of time last nite to do my makeup, and that was with Melanie's help. Gawd, and fake eyelashes are sooooo weird! At first, it felt like i had something constantly in my line of view but then after a while, i kinda go used to it... hehe... made me look like a doll! lol!

So anyway, while the Intermediate class was going on, me and Peggy were busy with our makeup and costumes. We were to do a mock performance after the class.

10:30pm...Show time! Sam called our names and we went into Studio 1. All the Intermediates and whoever else who showed up were sitting on the left side of the room, part of the lights were off to create the ambiance... haha... Sam then asked each couple a few questions, a mock interview la. Then we started the General Dance. He played the same song that was used at the first heats!

So we started dancing... boy, was it difficult to keep that smile in place the entire time, man! Couldn't figure out some of the leads so I just faked it, did some spins and hand styling, haha. Constructive feedback from the audience was that we needed to interact more with the crowd.

After General Dance, time for costume change! My costume took a lil' longer to put on so we get Eric and Peggy to go on first. While changing, could hear the audience's wolf whistles and yelling.. lol! Then... it was OUR turn!!!! Went out to the studio and held my head high. Put on a 'i'm a diva dancer and i'm gonna show it' look... lol! Music started, i did my intro spin, the son came on, then the one-leg-squat-with-other-leg-extended... the crowd seemed to enjoy that... hehe... The rest of the routine went pretty smoothly except that we sped up at certain points and *gasp!* i had a blank-out moment where towards the end, after a right turn, i'd forgotten that i was supposed to our 'wow' move i.e. the lunge-duck-spin move. Gawd, I can't believe i blanked-out!! How horrifying! This is bad... i thought it happened in Odissi coz the items are so long... but in a 3-min performance too??? This is absurd! So anyway, thank gawd i remembered the move in the nick of time and we managed to finish our routine without any untoward incidents... phew!


We still got the comment that our routine seems too choreographed... we really need to work on that FEELING, man! ARGH! Oh well... tomorrow's D-DAY so I guess we just have to do our best and most of all, have fun! Oh, my pardner looked absolutely SMASHING with his hair gelled up and his red shirt (Martin's), jacket, and Lycra pants (Sam's) ;o) And I've gotta keep the smile in place! ARGH! SOME ppl (namely my sister) thinks it's so blurdy easy to smile the entire time while concentrating on executing the routine. I'm sure it comes naturally to some ppl (lucky for them) but unfortunately, I'm not one of those ppl so I've gotta work extra hard to put on the smile. So stop harping on it already! I know wat I gotta do and I'm trying! U saw the diff on Mon and Tue... geez...

Wish us luck and hope to see y'all there! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home