Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Do People Have Any Common Sense These Days??

I don't think I'll ever understand the general M'sian psyche. I don't really want to, coz that would probably mean I'm like them (God forbid!) but it would be so much easier to understand why they choose not to use practical, common sense in their daily lives.

Don't get me wrong; I do NOT think that I'm better than everyone else. Far from it, actually. But I do think that I have more common sense than the average Joe on the street, judging from the incidents that I've seen/been through.

For example, if you want to kill yourself while pumping gas with your vehicle engine running, should any accident occur (God forbid!), by all means, go ahead. Go find a gas station that's completely empty and you can pump all the gas you want with your engine running and risk killing yourself. Fine, go ahead. But when there are tons of people around you (especially me, right in front of you, minding my own business and pumping my gas), I do think it's rather selfish for you to be happily pumping your gas away with your vehicle engine running, without consideration at all for the rest of the patrons of the gas station, not to mention the employees there. Although I haven't heard of anyone getting killed YET while pumping gas with his/her vehicle engine running, I'm not willing to take the risk. There's a reason why the list of PRECAUTIONs are pasted near each kiosk i.e. Don't Smoke, Shut off your vehicle engine and mobile phone, etc. etc. So simply instructions also cannot follow, is it? It takes a lot of effort for you to just twist your ignition to the OFF position, is it?? PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE, thank you very much.

I'm not sorry if I've offended my friends who do pump gas with their vehicle engines running. Seriously, it's your life and the lives of people around you. Like your girlfriend or wife, sitting in the passanger seat of your car. Or your parents in the back seat. Or your friends in both the passenger and back seats. Yeah yeah, I sound preachy but nothing drives home the fact that LIFE IS SHORT like knowing someone who got killed in an accident that could've been so easily prevented.


Another so so simple common sense thing that people don't do, I don't get. You know there are markers around a parking space, right? Sometimes they are rectangles, sometimes they are the corner borders. You do know that you are supposed to park WITHIN the rectangle or within the corner borders, right? What??!! You're saying you don't know?! Then why the hell do you think those rectangles/borders are there for?! Decoration, is it???? DBKL got nothing to do, they go paint rectangles on the roads is it??? Your condo management collect all your maintenance fees just to draw ugly rectangles around your condo compound for fun, is it???

Gawd! So infuriating! Just now I came back from class and found that the stupid fella who parks his/her car next to my space, makan into MY parking area! And you know what? This is not the bloody first time! What I normally do is that I would park oh-so-very-close to the fella, just to be in my box. If he scratches my car also never mind. As long as the fella has great difficulty getting into his car, padan muka! This time, I sooooo wanted to write on a big piece of paper "PLEASE PARK WITHIN YOUR SPACE". In fact, I was looking for a blank piece of A4 paper in my car but couldn't find :-( So I thought I'd go upstairs and get some paper but as I was walking back, I thought twice and decided not to. The ONLY reason why I didn't do it was coz I didn't want to give them any reason to retaliate and start complaining about us feeding the stray cats. Which is another long story altogether so I'm not going to even start on that (but I think I already did that in a previous post, haha).

Even more infuriating is when you're at a crowded mall carpark and you notice a free space from afar but when you get there, you see why no one has taken the spot. It's coz the stupid bugger parked in the next space decided that his car is soooo grand, it has to take TWO parking spaces!

So there you go. Two of many many incidents where M'sians (this is a generalization based on numerous firsthand-witnessed cases) do not display an ounce of common sense.

I think I should just stop trying to figure it out. Waste my brain cells only.

Hmph.

2 Comments:

  • hahaha! i'm in a murderous state these days (can't you tell by my blog?) so i was in subang parade and couldn't get out of my lot because someone had parked in an unmarked spot right which blocked my turning circle. I was seriously considering doing damage to that puny little kia (after all, what's the worse that could happen to my 7-series? longer scrapes on my bumber, hahahah!!) but sadly, i thought better of it and backed out the other end. sigh...i must act on these intentions the moment i think about them, if not, i'll never carry them out!!

    By Blogger Ashkarya, at May 25, 2007 1:39 PM  

  • cannot cannot... must tahan. must always tahan coz these ppl might know gangster ppl or are gangsters themselves.

    well, that's what i tell myself everytime I want to retaliate teach these ppl a lesson.

    sigh... :-(

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at May 25, 2007 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home