Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, May 14, 2007

Hopeless... just hopeless

I was walking around my condo grounds this morning, trying to look for one of the stray cats that I was planning to take to the vet to get neutered, when I bumped into one of the residents who stays in the unit few floors below us.

Resident X (peering into the cat carrier that I was carrying) : Eh, how come empty one?
Me : I'm trying to catch one of the stray cats.
Resident X (eagerly) : Oh, you're taking it to the SPCA?
Me (to cut a long story short) : No, I'm taking it to get castrated so it doesn't fight with other cats.
Resident X (visibly disappointed) : Oh...

Sorry lar... I'm not going to take the stray cats to the animal shelter coz the shelters are already overflowing as it is. And the cats that are around here would most likely be euthanized (i.e. killed) coz they're not the cute, adoptable types that people seem to like. So no, I'm not going to do the dirty work of first, taking the stray cats to the animal shelter and second, having the record that I'd voluntarily sent a healthy animal to its death on my head.

Bah... people.

2 Comments:

  • Luckily there are still people like dee around :)

    By Blogger Ashkarya, at May 17, 2007 6:19 PM  

  • Yah. I'm sooooo glad that our parents are animal ppl, else I dunno what I would do! But then again, I think we turned out to be animal ppl coz they are as well ;-D So make sure u teach ur kid to be animal person like us too... :-)

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at May 17, 2007 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home