Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Honesty...

... is always the best policy.

One of the notable experiences that I've had in my recent BKK trip went like this...

I was a Paragon shopping for shoes when I saw this pair that I liked. So I asked the sales guy to get my size. He went to get the size and when he came back, he was apologetic coz they didn't have my size but they had one size larger, which he had brought with him. I said it's ok, I'll try it anyway so he took the shoes out of the box. When he picked up one of the shoes, he took a look at the inside sole of the shoe and his face became even more apologetic and he indicated that the inside of the sole was a bit dirty, and was kind of reluctant to pass the shoe to me. I said never mind, I'll try it anyway just to see if the size fit.

In the end, I didn't buy that shoe... but I bought the same design in a different colour! But what struck me was that the sales guy didn't try to cover up the dirty sole and hassle me to buy it, which was what would've happened if this occured in KL. If it were here, I think the salesperson would've said "It's ok, can wash one" or "Never mind, it's on the inside so nobody can see".

So yeah... I appreciated the sales guy being honest about the dirty shoe... and I ended up buying two pairs of shoes from his section of the shoe department :-)

Another good experience I had was when I was shopping for belts at MBK. Was at this shop that sold belts of all kinds so it was a bit overwhelming coz there were belts everywhere. So I saw this belt that I liked; it had some fake sparkly stones on the buckle. The salesgirl who was helping me got one for me and after trying it on, I decided I would get it. When I was about to take the belt, she started looking for another belt in the same pile and when I looked confused, she showed me that there were a couple of stones missing on the buckle so she was getting me another one. Now, how nice is that??? That's how customers should be treated! I bought 5-6 belts from that shop :-D



Outside Paragon, waiting for a cab to Suan Lum Night Bazaar



Four-faced Buddha... outside one of the malls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home