Anticipated Serendipity II

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Oodles...

I felt like I was back in the States, living on my own and doing my grocery shopping. Stopped by BSC on my way home from class today to buy groceries for my dinner and breakfast as the parents are away. It hit me when I was walking aruond Cold Storage, with my shopping basket, that this was so reminiscent of my days in Buffalo, when I used to go grocery shopping alone at Wegman's and Tops.

*cue to some sappy sentimental tune*

**********
Wow, I just found out today that it's damn tiring to talk and do exercises simultaneously! I took part of today's warm-up during Odissi. Counting the steps was part of the exercise coz it allows the others to follow me in sync while I show the exercise. But maaaaannn! I was out of breath when I was part-way thru the exercise! Phew! It's damn tiring!!! I've gotta start training more, man.... o_O

**********
While stuck in a traffic jam on Thursday, was listening to mix.fm with Richard, Shaz, and Ika. The question they had that morning was "Is it possible to strike a balance between work and personal life?" So callers called in with their views and all... some said yes, others said no. And throughout my entire drive to work, I was thinking "How the hell are we supposed to strike a balance when our employers milk us for all our worth and their definition of a hardworking employee is someone who stays at work past official work hours to complete his/her insane workload?" One caller hit one of the nails in the head when he remarked that employers in KL don't care whether or not their employees have personal lives. Which, I happen to believe is true.

Oh shucks, it's gonna be Monday again... bleh...

**********
See lar... never learn that last minute things will never work as planned. They've got their teams all organized and planned out already but we had to force them to take on more roles than they can handle. And see what rojak came out of it.

Next time, plan it properly, since u all already know that that's how u wanna run the program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home