Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Nincompoops

The Rudeness Survey that was done is quite accurate.

I think Malaysians ARE a rude bunch.

Take simple things like holding open doors and elevators. Since my days in the States, where I'd first encountered strangers who'd actually hold the doors open for me (waaaa!), I'm used to saying "Thank you" and vice versa, when I hold doors open for others, I'd get a smile and a "Thank you".

But back here in M'sia, HAH! U're lucky if ppl even acknowledge u when u hold the elevator doors open for them! Most of the time, these ppl act like u dun even exist. Like the elevator doors magically stay open for them while they walk in or out at their sweet time. Like some sort of invisible troll is holding the door open for them.

Geez... would it hurt u so much as to just smile at the person who's holding the door open for u so that s/he knows that u've appreciative of their efforts?? Not that it takes a lot of effort to hold a door open for someone but it does mean that u're taking the time to think abt the person who's behind u.

Cannot even say "Thank you" is it??? Got gold in the mouth is it???

Sheesshh... so rude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home