Anticipated Serendipity II

Friday, April 21, 2006

Wat's Your Limit?

Have you always been the one to initiate contact with another person? Have you ever felt that you're always the one to make the first move and the other person just sits around and acknowledges you when you make that first move?

Over the years, I've been in a few situations (thankfully, only very few!) where I choose to initiate contact with either an acquaintance or a long lost friend, only to find out that I seem to be doing all the initiation and the other person never once initiates contact with me. Needless to say, I've stopped initiating any further contact with these few ppl.

See, my rule of thumb is, 3 strikes and I'm gone. I dun mind initiating contact a few times but if I have to initiate contact 3 times consecutively, that shows me that you're not interested in keeping in touch with me so I shouldn't bother any further to contact you. Simple as that. There are so many ways to begin communicating with another person -- face-to-face, phone, email, etc. -- dun tell me it's sooooo difficult to choose a method and say a quick 'hi, how're things?'

There are a few rare cases where I've exceeded or reduced my '3x and i'm gone' policy, either coz the other person has expressed his/her wish for me to stop contacting him/her (in the case of reduction) or I feel that the person is worth a few more tries (if more than 3x). But these cases are rare.

Oh well... it's their loss and not mine. I'd just take it that I know one less person in my life. No sweat.

Wat's your limit? How far would you go to keep contact with a person or ppl you know when they are not responding to you?

4 Comments:

  • Hmm, depending on how important is that person lor..

    i guess it'll be indifferent too. like wat u said, i'll take it as i know one less person in my life.
    hah.

    By Blogger Winn, at April 23, 2006 3:47 PM  

  • yeah... exactly. can't waste ur time when the other person doesn't reciprocate, rite?

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at April 24, 2006 10:34 AM  

  • never crossed my mind before...

    By Blogger ryuu, at April 24, 2006 1:08 PM  

  • Well, I mostly stick to 3 strikes too....after which I lose my temper and give up on the person....kinda decide i dont really need to know him/her.

    By Blogger Ranjana, at May 08, 2006 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home