Anticipated Serendipity II

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Salsa @ Union Square

We managed to catch some salsa action when we were in Singapore.

Venue : Union Square, near Amara Hotel
Time : after 11pm
Cover Charge : S$14 (or was it S$15) for 2 drinks - I think. I wasn't the one who made the payment, hehe...
Crowd : LOTS of ppl!!!

Union Square is quite a happening place. There was a live band there that nite and they were quite good! Music was interspersed between DJ-spun music and the live band. Dancefloor size is moderate, I'd say similar to Salsa Havana but more squarish.

From my observation, the S'porean guys (I assume they're all S'porean, aside from the occasional mat salleh) are more groovy than KL guys. More showy, I would say. The gals were, mmm, ok lar... some groovy, some not so. Not that different from KL. Was quite fascinated with one gal's top though. It was quite cool, the back of it was like, spider-webby. As in, multiple straps meeting in the center and there were crystal-like thingies on each strap.

Was rather intimidated by the S'porean guys so I didn't ask any of them to dance :o( except for one guy, whom CL knew (I can't, for the life of me, remember his name!). He was kind enough to ask me for a dance.

All in, had quite a nice time and managed to put in quite number of dances that nite :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home