Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, April 13, 2006

DKNY Spring/Summer 2006

I was at the DKNY Spring/Summer 2006 fashion show @ Westin. Let me just say that this is my first time EVER at a designer label fashion show and it was an interesting experience.

Firstly, the people. Hhhmm... the crowd seemed to be mostly made up of tai tais, whose afternoons consist of sitting down, gossiping while drinking tea with their similar tai tai friends. Aaah, such luxury! There were also some rather well-known faces, 2 of whom I actually know who they are! *GASP!* Well, actually, the only one I recognized was Adam Curruthers (sp?) who hosts on 8TV (last time lar, dunno still does or not) and is/was a DJ on I-forgot-which-radio-station. The other 2 were pointed out to me : Serena C (DJ) and a designer for Bill Keith (can't remember his name).

Next, the models... WOW! Sorry guys, I didn't manage to take any pics coz didn't wanna look jakun but man, they were damn freaking tall, like trees!!!!!! Like, really really really taaaaallllll!!!!! Loooooonnngg legs that went on forever! And though they were all really freakily thin, surprisingly, they had substantial boobs, heh. Could see them bouncing up and down when they were doing their catwalk thing ;o) Most were Caucasian but there were a couple of Asian-looking ones, one of which looked like she was gonna eat someone up, didn't smile at all. Actually, I was more fascinated by the female models than the male ones. Got more female models. Plus most of the male models look too pretty-boy type, except for one of them who looked quite hot ;o) The fashion show itself took all of wat, 10 mins, I think.

After the show, we went to the DKNY boutique to collect our door gift. It's a DKNY coffee flask!! :o) And we also checked out some of the clothes there. A top that we like is going for RM429, dress RM1,299, another top RM929. I dun think I'm ever gonna be shopping at DKNY, man... :o Who pays that kind of money for a piece of clothing?! Heh... probably those same tai tais that were there lar...

All in, it was an interesting experience but I felt it to be rather pretentious but oh well, I got to see a real designer label fashion show!!!!! Wooo hooooo!!!!! :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home