Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Menthol Crystals

Yesterday, had a bad attack of the sniffles so went to the doc to get half of the day off. The diagnosis was that I had an allergy attack and it could be due to anything -- the air, the weather, dust, etc. So the doc gave me the usual meds i.e. daytime + night-time antihistamines, nasal drops (not spray), and menthol crystals.

Now, from all the times I went to docs re. my nose problems, I've never gotten anything called menthol crystals so naturally, I was curious as to wat they were. Wat they are, see pic below. They're tiny crystal-like thingies in long rectangular shape.




How u use them is like this:
U dissolve a bit of the crystals in hot water and inhale the fumes. This is where it gets fun. Am sure a lot of us have used the Vicks rub before. This is something like that but at least 10 times stronger!! If u're like me and love the smell of menthol or anything mint-like, this is almost like a drug, only thing is u dun get high lar. When I inhaled the fumes, I was like "Whoa! This is cool! How come I've never gotten this before when I went to see the other docs?!" Hehe... well, I dunno whether it worked in making my nose better coz I went to sleep after that but man, I loved the feeling of the menthol going up my nose! :o)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home