Anticipated Serendipity II

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My Experience at the Immigration Dept

It's that time again... I have to get a new passport made!!! Yucks...

I have a phobia of going to our govt centers to get documents done e.g. IC, passport, u name it. Coz it's usually:
  1. Packed with people
  2. Service is very very slow
  3. The staff treat u like u should be eternally grateful and thankful to them that they're there to serve u

But these things gotta be done so have to go la.

I first went to the Immigration Dept at Terminal 2 in Subang last Thu, the day after the CNY holidays. It was FT Day so the KL folks were still off but the Selangor folks were back to work. Before that, was informed by mom "not to worry, there won't be anybody there. Half an hour and u'll be done." When I turned off into the specific area to get the parking lot, OMG! The line of ppl queueing up snaked from inside the office until outside the road! If u've seen the movie queue at KLCC on a weekend, that's wat it looked like. I took one look, took a U-turn and left the place coz I didn't wanna waste my time waiting. I think everyone had the same idea as I did i.e. holiday in KL so everyone's taking the opportunity to get their official documents done.

Fast forward to this morning. Thought since it's already the 3rd day back at work, everyone would've pretty much gotten back into their normal routine and there'll be less ppl at the Immigration Dept. Got there at 8am, no line of ppl queueing up outside, found a parking spot, went in. Saw this long queue of ppl from all the way on one end of the office to where I was i.e. on the other end of the office. Found out that that was the queue I needed to be in just to get a number. Forget it, not waiting coz I had to get to work.

Decided to try the Immigration center at Pusat Bandar Damansara. Had already been warned by CL that the place will most likely be packed as well but decided to try my luck. Got there around 10.45am. Got my number, no queue. Waited about 10 mins, my no. was called. The guy went thru my docs, got my thumbprints, was done in 5-7 mins. Told to wait for my turn to make payment. Sat down, waited for another 5 mins. My turn to pay. Got my receipt and voila! I collect my new passport in 2 days! All in all, I got everything done in less than half an hour!

Kudos to the Immigration Dept at Pusat Bandar Damansara. Very efficient. Had lots of counters, 20+ I think. So that moved the ppl along quite quickly.

I could get used to the efficient service... :D Dun smile at me also never mind la, as long as I dun have to wait till the cows come home! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home