Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, January 23, 2006

Fried sotong...and infections...

Am munching on fried sotong that I'd bought from Penang. It's amazing how I get hooked on some types of food (especially the junk ones!) and can't seem to stop once I get started! I keep shutting the container after taking out a piece, in the hopes that I'll stop after eating this piece but I keep thinking "it's ok, i'll take another one and that'll be the last" HAH! Yeah, right! ok ok... just finished my last piece (for now) of fried sotong. I shall put away the rest of the fried sotong and keep it for teatime, or when I need to munch on something to keep awake... hehe...

Went to the doc to get my blood test done on Sat. Man, the no. of ppl at the clinic!!! It was as if everyone decided to get a checkup in time for CNY!!! It was abt 2 hrs before my turn arrived so after waiting for abt 30 mins, I got bored so asked the nurse how long would it be before my turn, she said 1 hr so I got CL and we went to have brunch... was starving coz I didn't have anything to eat in the morning. Funny thing happened when we were walking towards SS2. Was passing by RHB when I remarked to CL "Oh, do u know if there's an SBB in SS2? Need to transfer my money over to RHB" and as we rounded the corner, wat do we see but an SBB branch! LOL! I love moments like these! My question answered in an instant... haha!


Went back to the clinic after lunch, had another 5 ppl ahead of me so we waited and observed the other patients. One of them had a bill that was RM500+.

CL : I think I should be a doctor. Can charge so much for fees. This guy's bill was RM500, the one before was RM300+. I'd be a millionaire in no time! And dun need to work long hrs either.

Me : Err... before u can charge exorbitant amounts, u'd have to work like a slave for dunno-how-many-yrs and establish a name/reputation for urself first. Oh, and I think u'd need to specialize in sumthin too (my doc's an endricronologist) coz GPs seem to earn pittance. By this time, u'd already be old and grey!

Was so engrossed in our conversation that I missed the nurse calling my name a couple of times... how embarrassing! lol! I've apparently put on the weight that I'd lost last yr after my bout of illness during CNY. Was 49kg in Jan 05, 44kg in May 05, and 50kg in Jan 06. Man, I better stop junking! Doc was asking me abt my activities and whether I do sports. I mentioned I danced a lot and he said "oh yah, u mentioned it before. wat kind of dance do u do?" and I said Indian classical and salsa. At this point, i was on the examining table and he was checking my heart rate and he noticed my navel piercing:

Doc : So did u do that for ur dancing?

Me : No, i just did it for fun. Oh, um, do u know wat's this thingy here?" (proceed to show him a small lump thingy at my piercing)

Doc : It's infected. Take it off.

Me : Huh??? Do I have to?? (i paid RM160 to get it done. Am not abt to give it up, unless there are no other options!)

Doc : It's either u take it off or I'll give u a course of antibiotics. If it doesn't go away after 5 days, u better take it off.

Me : ok ok... I'll take the antibiotics...

Sigh... so much for taking so much care of my piercing. It was fine for 6 mths plus, until a week ago, hmph...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home