Anticipated Serendipity II

Sunday, October 30, 2005

New phone... BIG hole in pocket :o(

...sigh... my almost-100%-trusty 2-yr-old Sony Ericsson T610 has decided that enuf's enuf. On Monday, was supposed to meet a friend at Sri Hartamas. I got there, took out my phone to call her when I noticed that it wasn't powered on. Fine, it's happened before so I just hit the Power button. Hourglass symbol came up but it hung at that screen. So I took out the battery, put it back in and tried again. Same thing. Tried it a few more times, getting panicky each time it didn't work coz all the numbers that I need are in the phone and I obviously wouldn't memorize ALL of them so I was like 'shit, how am I ever gonna call her and let her know where to meet me?!'... and that's why it hit me that i'm so totally reliant on my phone that if it ever broke down, I'd be so totally lost coz all my contact numbers would be GONE! (Note to self: Synchronize phone book to PC so that I'll have a backup of all my info). Anyway, i did the battery thing a few more times and was finally able to get it started. Phew! Then on Thu, was talking on the phone when it just suddenly died... TWICE! And this wasn't the first time either.

So my next step?? SOS-ed Merv, my trusted PC and Phone walking encyclopedia to find out if I should get my phone fixed or get a new one. Btw, my model's obsolete already. So was ding-donging on the idea of getting a new phone (this was NOT in the plan at all for this yr since I'd already gotten my laptop!) and finally decided that i WILL get the phone... just to put my mind to rest and not having to worry that my phone would just die on me at any moment.

So now, am a proud (but terribly broke!) owner of a Sony Ericsson K750i... and this phone is soooo freakin awesome! lol! Yes yes... i'm an SE person allllll the way. Tried to convince myself to get the Nokia 6230, which is cheaper but i couldn't do it. I just couldn't make myself get used to the thought of being a Nokia user, ridiculous though it may sound. Ah well... we all have our quirks and eccentricities. Here's my new baby, who'd costed me an arm and a leg:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home