Anticipated Serendipity II

Friday, April 27, 2007

Passion or Patience??

I don't know how long I can keep it up. The only thing that's stopping me from quitting is my drive to continue to learn as much as I can and also because I enjoy the intricacies of it and the challenge it gives me.

The politics, the favoritism/double standards, the diva attitudes... I guess that's all part of this "industry" but really, each time I think about it and see it happen in front of me, I get disgusted. It's all so fake and superficial and unnecessary.

I'm all for encouraging and promoting the promising ones, but is there a need to disregard those who are not the stars but who have been putting in more effort than others in the same league but at the end of the day, those that don't put in as much effort get the recognition instead? If there's one thing I really detest, it's not being given due recognition for my work. If I didn't do the work, then it's fine, you can sideline me. But when I put as much or more effort than my peer but s/he gets the recognition and more "benefits", so to speak, that is just plain unprofessional.

But of course, the world is never fair. I have the choice to either continue and accept everything (good and bad) that comes with it... or I can choose to just walk away.

Right now, I decide to stay. Just to see how long I can endure. I take this as a test of my patience, which may be good for me since I'm not a very patient person to begin with. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home