Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wanna be a Model??? I dun think so!

Some time last year, a friend of mine sent me an email from her colleague, an editor of a local female mag, who was looking for a few regular, everyday people - like me - to go for a makeover and appear in their magazine.

Me and Chris agreed to go for it. In our emails, we were supposed to let them know one physical aspect of ourselves that we dislike and which we wish to makeover. Mine was my chest, which is as flat as a runway, hehe...


So there I was, at the office/studio, bright and early at 8am on a Saturday morning *gasp!* We were told to come in our most unflattering outfit to exaggerate our "problem areas", so to speak, coz they were gonna take Before pics. So I went there in an oversized T and my capris.

After the Before shots, we were taken to the makeup room, 3 at a time... coz that was all the space that was available. They worked on my hair, curling it. I dunno wat styling cream they put on my hair but when they used the curling iron on it, I could literally hear my hair crackling! All I could do was pray that they weren't burning my hair; they were supposed to be professionals after all. After the hair, they did my face. Another reason why I would never make it as a model (aside from not having the looks, height, figure, etc.) is that my eyes are so damn sensitive that it tears when eye makeup is being applied. And coz of this, they had to stop frequently to let me dry my eyes before they could continue. I tell u, if this was a real modeling assignment, the show would've been over before they were even done with my makeup! Haha!

Finally, they were done with my makeup and hair (my hair was curled and left flowy), we went back to the place where we had our Before shots taken and were given different clothes to wear. I got this brownish, knee-length dress and a pair of clog-like sandals. The dress looked like curtain material to me!! Gah!! But who am I to argue with a professional stylist, rite? After I put on the clothes, he decided that he didn't like my hair down. So he sent me back to the makeup room to get the hairstylist to do up my hair. Ok, here's where it got worse. My hair was not bad after it was curled and left down. But when they put up my hair, I looked liked an auntie! *wail!* Ok, nvm... wat could I say rite??

Back to the studio. Time to pose for my shots. Gawd, this was the worst of all!!! A few other girls had their shots taken before me and they were done pretty fast so I thought, hey, no sweat. I should be done in wat, 5 mins? Easy peasy, get my shots done and then can go get breakfast. Yeah, rite! Someone shoot me! I found out that day that I sooooo totally suck at posing for shots, man! Damn useless at it! Cannot pose for shots at all to save my life!!! I was so kaku and wooden and not natural at all!! After 15 mins, they still couldn't get a nice shot and I was like, man, this is tiring. Can we just forget my pics and pretend that I didn't come here at all?? I think the photographer told me to take a break and proceeded to the next girl before coming back to me. Even then, they didn't manage to take that nice a shot, probably just an ok one. But by then, I was too frustrated and annoyed and didn't wanna take anymore pics so while reviewing the pics, I just chose one that looked ok and said "Ok ok, just use this one! It looks fine."

In the end, they changed the topic of the makeover... and my shots weren't used after all coz it didn't fit into the topic. Thank gawd!!! Coz I looked like a clown in that dress and shoes!!! I remember I was praying really hard after the shoot, that they won't use my pics... and as far as I know, they didn't use it in any of the later issues either.

And THAT, was my first and last stint at a makeover. And further reinforcement that I can never ever ever do anything remotely related to modeling. Thank gawd I'd never had any hopes and dreams of becoming a model. Phew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home