Anticipated Serendipity II

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Third Day at Work...

  • My access card is still not activated
  • My email and login details are not up
  • Am facing a total culture shock (expected but still, it didn't hit until I'd actually stepped in here)
  • Getting an overload of marketing jargon (not a bad thing, new stuff to learn. Something different from the usual IT/technical jargon)
  • A lot of ppl here smoke like chimneys. A lot of discussions and agreements seem to take place during smoking sessions in the stairwell

That's all I can think of at the top of my head for now.

Gawd, I dunno if I can get used to the way things work here. I've observed how my boss interacts with the ppl here and frankly, it seems to me like it's a lot of butt-kissing i.e. telling ppl wat they like/want to hear in order to get things done. Damn! I'm just the total opposite. At my previous places, I just communicate wat I need to get done, straight to the point, without mincing my words. Looks like I've got to apply much much more tact here. GAH!

And EVERYTHING moves at snail speed here, except when we have to organize events, where the event date seems to always be tomorrow!

It's only the 3rd day (and the day's not even started yet since the ppl I need to see dun seem to be in yet and it's 9.37am already!) but I'm already feeling rather frustrated.

Oh, and I can't get on YM and MSN is erratic. So am now using Gmail chat. Bah!

Sigh...

Note to self : be positive, be positive, BE POSITIVE! Or at least, TRY.

4 Comments:

  • oh dear, i'm trying very hard to refrain from saying something sarcastic. hang in there and good luck!! ;P

    By Blogger Ashkarya, at June 15, 2006 9:20 AM  

  • eh? something sarcastic abt me or the place??? hhmmm...

    "I told u so"??? can't be wat...

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at June 15, 2006 9:35 AM  

  • if it is me, 2 things i cant stand is the smoking and no YM ,MSN...

    wat is the meaning of life when face a computer in a room full of smoke and no YM and MSN??????????

    By Blogger Thiam Teck (1983 - ?), at June 17, 2006 8:19 PM  

  • well, they dun smoke in the office itself lar i.e. at the workstations. they will smoke at the stairwells.

    YM cannot use but MSN seems ok so far.

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at June 19, 2006 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home