Anticipated Serendipity II

Friday, June 02, 2006

No Pets in Apt/Condo??

I dun get the rules & regulations in M'sian apartments and condos.

Doesnt't matter if you're the unit owner or renter, you are not allowed to keep any type of pets in ur unit.

See, I'd understand if they said no noisy pets. That's fine, if owners dun take the responsiility to control their pets and keep them quiet most of the time, then it's ok to say to those owners, no pets.

BUT if (1) the pets are not a nuisance, (2) the pets are indoors only, and (3) other residents dun complain, I dun see wat's wrong with having pets in an apt/condo.

Obviously, u can't keep a Great Dane or any large pet in an apt/condo. Any sane person would know that. But I strongly believe that smaller pets should be allowed.

See, the residents' committee at the place where I'm staying, time and time again, they would state in their meetings, NO PETS ALLOWED. The most recent meeting they had, they said it again (and included it in the by-laws or some crap), "NO PETS ALLOWED EXCEPT FISH." Duh!

ok... see, if I'm a unit owner, I dun see why some committee should tell wat I can or cannot do IN my own home! If I want to keep a pet, I shall!! Coz my pets are indoors only, no one sees a peep of them and they dun go roaming around the compound or other residents' units. But apparently, even indoors-only pets are not allowed.

I dunno wat these ppl are so afraid of. Firstly, they need to go read up studies that have proven the benefits of having pets. Secondly, they need to go see how apt/condo management is run overseas. Even in Singapore, they allow pets in their highrises! Heck, when I was renting an apt in the States, they allowed me to keep pets. I just needed to pay an extra deposit in case my pets damaged the place (which they didn't. Coincidently, a colleague of mine took over my apt unit after I'd left and he mentioned to another colleague that I'd kept the place so clean and my other colleague remarked "Yeah, and she had 2 cats too!")

So there u have it. Not only can we keep our pets in check, but we can also keep our rented units in tip-top condition too. Which is more than I can say for some ppl who thrash up a place even without having any pets.

I think these committee ppl have too much time on their hands. They should focus on more important issues like security and thrash collection, for instance, instead of bothering ppl abt wat they should/should not do INSIDE their own homes.


Malaysia apt/condo management is CRAP!

Hmph!

2 Comments:

  • Er, I have an idiot upstairs right above me who keeps a young alsation indoors!! She's not always home, and the poor dog barks so much, and makes a lot of noise on the tiled floors above me! I am so pissed off with that, but there's no rule that says No Pets Allowed here. Luckily, she and the dog are not there all the time. They go back to Venice often, so I don't have to be stressed by them everyday.

    But, I see your grief with keeping small pets in condos. Especially the non-barking type..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 03, 2006 1:29 PM  

  • Well, depending on how large/small the apt is... but generally, it's understood that u dun keep a large, active dog like an Alsation in an apt rite??? Coz it's a working breed (I think) and it needs room to run and all. So ppl should have more sense that way.

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at June 05, 2006 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home