Anticipated Serendipity II

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

But but... u told me not to!!

Was having a conversation with Chris one day after class, a while back. We were talking about relationships and how it's so difficult to meet a guy that we actually like, that we could see ourselves having a relationship with.


Chris : Yah, my father keeps asking me when I'm getting married. And I tell him, it's all ur fault lar. U didn't let me have a boyfriend during college or uni. Now I can't seem to get to know guys who are right for me.
Me : U know wat, that's so true!
Chris : Yah, coz the best time to get to know the opposite sex and maybe find ur other half is during college/uni coz that's when u hang out together, work on assignments together. And get to know each other really well to find out if u're compatible. And if u're not, at least u know better wat u're looking for in a partner. When u start working, hah, where got time even for urself, let alone get to know ppl!
Me : Hhmmm... true true... unless u're lucky lar... hehe...

See, isn't it so ironic for us (gals, that is. I dunno abt the boys) that when we're still studying (secondary and tertiary), our parents always always tell us not to get a boyfriend lest we forget our studies, fail every subject, and the whole world would end?? And then when we've graduated and started working, they ask us "So when are u getting married?" Well, thank gawd I haven't gotten the question from my parents; it's more from other ppl. But it's like, we're supposed to have this auto-switch labeled "Boyfriend" on OFF position while studying, and it magically comes ON when we've graduated. Like, a boyfriend is supposed to magically appear by ur side the moment u've started working. Duh!

It's NOT EASY to like someone and them liking u back (someone told me this, hehe), let alone find someone with whom u're comfortable enuf to even consider spending the rest of ur life. Wat's more when a lot of us (not me, though) have missed out on our prime time of getting to know the opposite sex.

So, something for the parents to think abt the next time they wanna ask their daughter(s) "So when are u getting married".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home