Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Rohit & Ruchi's Wedding

Rohit got married last month. It was an arranged marriage. Never thought that he'd be one to go for an arranged marriage but I guess ppl change, huh?

A bit of background...

When I was at my previous company, VS, Rohit was attached to the vendor, R, who provided one of the payroll systems that we use for our clients. We (Audrey, Mich, Aleena, myself) worked with him when we were implementing one of the payroll systems for our client in Australia. Three months (or more) of late nites, stuck in a room, did it. We became more than colleagues, we became friends (sorry, corny but true). Up to a point, it got so bad that there were almost-yelling matches and slammed doors!

But Rohit resigned from R before the end of the project (we gave him hell for this!) and took up a job in India, his homeland. And when we decided to go visit India last year, he joined us and graciously roped his brother in to take us shopping and also put us up in his new, unfurnished apt in Delhi.

And, this April, he called me up to invite me to his wedding. I actually considered it, for all of 5 seconds! I was thinking "Hmmm, it would be awesome to visit India again and see a real Indian wedding" but then smacked myself in the head "Hallo!!!! Wat u thinking?! U got no $$$$!"

So, I didn't make it to his wedding in the end, but he sent us some pics of his wedding.

Here he is with his wife, Ruchi.



CONGRATS, ROHIT & RUCHI! :o)

2 Comments:

  • Hey, I've heard that Indian Weddings in India very the happening one! Very EXTRAVAGANZA liao!! You missed a big event.. but nevermind, you also saved some money! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 25, 2006 11:55 PM  

  • yah!!! I know!!! when we were in Delhi, we passed by a wedding procession one nite and it was so happening, man! The groom was on a horse and there were so many lights and ppl. Damn! I missed it! :o(

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at May 26, 2006 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home