Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dance Therapy

Aaaaaaahhhh... the joy of dancing...

Never fails to take my mind of my thoughts and worries (mindless and otherwise) coz I need 100% concentration to remember the steps or else I'd be totally blank and will probably be standing there like a fool.

Am still not 100% prepared for our performance next weekend *WAIL!* Am still not strong in Kolabati coz we just learnt it 2 months ago and haven't done it a gazillion times for us to be able to do the dance in our sleep... sigh... Well, thank gawd I'll be standing on the far corner, and hopefully be hidden by the trees, as long as I dun go too far to the edge and fall of the stage! Haha! Oh the horror! *Gasp!*

Am getting more comfortable with Mohane Deli Chahi. I used to dread it coz I wasn't around for classes when the dance was taught (I think it was due to work) and so I didn't get to learn the steps as a study. When I came back for classes, they'd already taught the entire dance so I had to just try to catch up. And I took the longest time to get it into my head without having to copy others! But at least not as long as Kalyani Pallavi. I took like, an entire YEAR before I'd gotten all the steps for that dance!

Am actually quite looking forward to the performance. Jittery and nervous but excited all the same. There's something abt performing for an audience. It's almost like getting high. After the show is over, I'd think to myself "I wonder when's our next show!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home