Anticipated Serendipity II

Friday, May 19, 2006

Gimme Some Credit

Hhhmmm...

I think I should be given some credit for having a sensible/reasonable head than to stick my nose into something that's not mine to interfere with. Isn't it common sense? That's wat I've been doing since waaaay back, when ppl tell me abt their issues. I dun probe, I dun ask a million questions, I dun even give advice. I just listen. Coz I dun think I'm qualified to give ppl advice unless I've been in the same situation. Like when u told me she's pissed at u, I told u to settle it among urselves coz I didn't wanna get involved. And for that, I was told that I "didn't care".

It's fine to voice ur opinions, all the more encouraged. But when a certain opinion is presented in a way that makes it sound like I'm THAT daft not to know it in the beginning, I can't help wonder "Gosh, does s/he think I'm that stupid?" and when it's repeated again and again, it's an insult to my judgement/reasoning skills. I've already said how I felt (sure, it's a skewed opinion but we're all entitled to our opinions, rite?) and I'd already said I will not interfere. I dun even know wat I could/would do in that situation, that would make it better! Anyhow, it wasn't and still isn't my place to act. I guess u'd think that I'm being way too sensitive here but seriously, wat do u think I would've done??

  • I never said I was going to interfere (I was never planning to and still won't).
  • I didn't and won't do/say anything out of line in their presence.
  • I didn't and won't create a scene (I detest confrontations).
  • I didn't ask u to choose sides. If I'd implied this in any way, I apologize, I take it back.

If I'd indirectly interfered, well, I'm sorry but I dunno how to 'indirectly' interfere without directly interfering.

There's a fine line between being there for a person and caring "too much" i.e. sticking ur nose into other ppl's personal issues.

I'd safely say that I can tell the difference between the two and use my sound mind to know when it's best to let things be.

Like I've said before, I'm not a kid. I've made poor judgements in the past but for things that pertain directly to myself and not to others. But, as long as I can think rationally, I would never intentionally do something that could potentially have an adverse effect to others. (Here's the 'never' word again, but in this case, it holds true)

It hurts when the ppl u care abt dun trust u to make a common sense call.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home