Anticipated Serendipity II

Friday, April 28, 2006

Yay Me... blurgh...

It had to be me. Of all the ppl who've taken Zyrtec (Cetirizine) for their allergies, I'm probably the 1 out of 10 ppl who gets drowsy after taking it.

Serious.

I started taking it on Tue afternoon, after getting back from the doc's. Then I got sleepy towards the evening. I took it Wed morning, and I started getting sleepy by noon. By the time work was over, I had quite a difficult time staying awake while driving home. It is NOT wise to operate a heavy vehicle when u're half-drugged. By now I'd already figured it was the Zyrtec that was making me feel like I was drugged (literally!) so I didn't take it on Thu morning. I called the clinic and confirmed with them that the meds is non-drowsy. Anyway, to be on the safe side, I only took the pill on Thu nite before going to bed.

I wake up this morning and go, "Oh maaaan, I'm soooooooo sleepy!" :o(

I came to work and could barely hold up my head, let alone keep my eyes open. I seriously, literally felt like I was drugged. Only felt more awake after lunch.

Just came back from the doc to tell him wat happened. And he prescribed me another set of meds, also antihistamine but slightly different content? Doc says it's non-drowsy. If all fails, I guess I just have to stick to the nasal spray alone.

Anyway, am gonna take it at nite, just to be safe.

Oh, did I mention I now have a pounding headache from the drowsiness and not being able to sleep it off??

Which defeats the entire purpose coz the reason why I'm on the antihistamines and nasal spray is to see if it would GET RID of my headaches!! ARGH! :o(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home