Anticipated Serendipity II

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Me has rhinitis...

Doc says : I see that your sinuses are rather swollen. Let's treat you for rhinitis first and see how it goes in 2 weeks. Take one Zyrtec daily and 2 sprays in each nostril of Beclomet 2x a day. Do this for 2 weeks. I'll also give you something-something-zine for your headaches. Take only when necessary. If within these 2 weeks u get worse, come back and see me. Else come back after 2 weeks and we'll do another check.

Sigh...


See, I've been having headaches quite consistently for the past 2 months, always in the afternoon, after lunch. So was getting rather concerned coz I dun normally get headaches. At first, though it could be PMS but then, am still getting headaches when it's not PMS time. So today, I decided to go see the doc, who'd seen me last time for my bad bout of runny nose, which he diagnosed as an allergic reaction.

Today, he checked my nose again and said my sinuses were rather swollen. So he said most likely, I'm having rhinitis.

According to Mayoclinic.com :
Allergic Rhinitis, or hay fever, is an allergic response to certain
substances in your environment.

So, this is the concoction of drugs that I'd gotten today:


1. Beclomet Nasal Aqua - Nasal spray
2. Zyrtec - Antihistamine
3. Nose drop - for congested nose only
4. Something-something-zine - Painkillers

I hope it's just the rhinitis and not anything more serious.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home