Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, March 27, 2006

Creepy or wat?!

So there we were - Sam, Aisha, sis, Rizal, CL and me - at Starbucks, playing with the new pack of RM0.90 Old Maid cards that Sam and Aisha had bought from MPH.

We'd played 2-3 games of the normal Old Maid, where all cards except an Old Maid card has its pair so Rizal came up with the bright idea "Let's just randomly pick out one card from the pack so we won't know which card that doesn't have its pair and we'll only know when the last person ends up with it".

So, ok... CL (I think) shuffles the cards and Sam picks out one card (without looking at it first, of course) and Aisha stuffs it into the box. At this point, none of us knew wat that card was.

So there we were, playing it UNTIL......... I ended up with last card.... AND.... it was the OLD MAID card!!! Wat are the odds of Sam picking out the Old Maid card among 12-13 pairs of other cards, including the Old Maid pair????!!!! Kinda freaky, eh???

Anyway, we dismissed it as a mere coincidence. And played on. Rizal shuffles the cards next, splits the card pile into half and my sis picks out one card and puts it into the box. Again, none of us knows wat the card is. Playing, playing, playing... and it's down to Sam, Rizal, and me. At this point, I remark "Eh, the Old Maid pair is still not out yet leh" and everyone goes "ooooooooooo". Sam's done, me and Rizal left. Rizal has one card, I have 2 and one of them is the Old Maid. Rizal's turn to pick a card from me. He picks the Old Maid and DOESN'T PUT IT DOWN WITH ITS PAIR!!!! *gasp!!!!!* At this point, I was going "oooooooeerrr, this is weird" in my head. I pick a card from Rizal, put down my last pair, which is NOT THE OLD MAID!!!

Sooooooooo... wat are the odds of 2 different people picking out an Old Maid card from the pile of 24-26 cards at 2 separate games at 2 different times??????? Once, it's fine... maybe just a coincidence. But TWICE??!!!

Power of the mind, perhaps??? Maybe all of us were thinking either "Let that be the Old Maid" or "Let that NOT be the Old Maid" while the card was being picked out but the fact was, maybe ALL of us were thinking abt the Old Maid at that point in time and all our energy was focused on the Old Maid, that's why both times, the Old Maid card got picked... but then again.....

Creepy or wat, u tell me..... *Twilight Zone theme*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home