Anticipated Serendipity II

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

And it's a small world after allllll!!!

The smallness of our world never fails to astound me each time I happen to meet/bump into people who have any links to me.

Some of the ppl I've bumped into, whom I've long forgotten or whom I thought was the last person I'd ever bump into or ppl who I don't know personally but who has links to me:
  • Yesterday, walking to my office from the car park, this lady approaches me and asks "Are you Ai Ling?". Obviously, I reply Yes, with a "Who are you?" look on my face. Turns out she's the ex's friend, whom I'd met once or twice while we were still in college. I dunno how she managed to remember me after so long coz I certainly dun remember her, though her name was familiar but I couldn't, for the life of me, remember how she looked like. Also, we'd apparently bumped into each other in Bangkok a few years back too! Now this I dun remember at all. I did go to BKK but I do not remember bumping into anyone I know while I was there!
  • The Assistant Store Manager at the client's outlet is from Convent Kajang, one year my junior.
  • My current boss and ex-colleague at my current company are both from Convent Kajang: Boss -> 8 years my senior; Ex-colleague -> 1 year my senior
  • One day, when I was walking towards my car at the car park after work, this lady in her car calls out and asks me "Are you Ng Ai Ling". Yes, I reply and she says "I'm Azira!" and I go "Oh my gawd! Azira!" She's my classmate from primary and schoolmate in secondary. She's married with a kid now and works at SBB, which is just next to my office.
  • The ex's older brother was in the same college program as my sis at Sunway College. Me and the ex were in the same college program at Stamford College 5 years later.
  • One of the Conlay Salsa competition finalists is also a Sutra student (not Christine).
  • Shiva's brother-in-law was one of the painters whose art was featured at Sutra last year.
  • When I was at Vsource, one of the trainees was a friend of Steph's.

Am sure there're lots more encounters that I haven't recalled...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home