Anticipated Serendipity II

Friday, February 09, 2007

Learning and Self-Discovery

... is a life-long process...

It's imperative to be open to learning new things and also to continue to improve oneself, not only knowledge-wise but also as a person.

There're still so many things out there for me to learn... not only to increase my knowledge but also to make myself a better person. A better person to myself, to others around me, to the world (although I am but a speck in the ocean).

The more difficult part would be learning to improve myself. I tend to be rather a perfectionist so when I find that I've contradicted myself or did something that I shouldn't have done, I get really annoyed with myself. One part of learning is to accept our mistakes and learn from them. But the making a mistake part is the one that I have the most difficulty in accepting. It's not that I don't admit my mistakes, I do. But the after-effect would be "Argh! That was stupid! I should've known better! Stupid stupid stupid!" And then I would beat myself up over it.

So, as a new resolution for the CNY, I resolve to NOT get upset over what I've done wrong, accept it, move on and learn from it.

Haha... easier said than done. That's like telling me not to worry about anything at all.

o_O

ok ok... must be positive...

I.can.make.mistakes.
I'm.allowed.to.make.mistakes.
I.must.learn.from.my.mistakes.and.not.beat.myself.up.over.my.mistakes.
I.must.learn.not.to.be.such.a.perfectionist.and.stress.myself.up.

Oooooeeerrrr... better not let my dance instructors find out about that last one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home