Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, December 18, 2006

Ambulance Crisis???

According to NST, there's an ambulance shortage in the country (sorry, no link coz the article was back in Sept and their news archive only goes back 7 days but u can refer to the Monsterblog link).

I dun exactly doubt the above... but one thing I've noticed since I started work is that every single day, at the same locations (Jln Duta, Jln Kuching, Jln Tun Razak), at around the same time every morning, there will be at least one ambulance with its siren on, rushing its way thru traffic.

So while I'm stuck in the traffic jam, after the ambulance has come and gone, I wonder:
  • How come always at around the same time in the morning (between 8.15-8.45am), there's always at least one ambulance trying to make its way thru traffic with its siren blaring?

Seriously. Without fail. At least, from Mondays to Fridays lar. Is it coz ppl are rushing to work and are more prone to accidents during this time?? But EVERY SINGLE DAY??? :-O

Man, talk about crazy drivers!

3 Comments:

  • I see them racing from the NVKE/KL-Sban highway every morning too.. Maybe they have regular pick ups and deliveries.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 19, 2006 11:37 AM  

  • You know, driving from Subang Jaya every morning, I tend to notice the same thing as well. I thought it was just odd of me to notice it, but apparently not. Or at least WE are odd, and that's okay. Here's the thing though. It happens mostly during congested hours, and I can't help but feel some drivers might be abusing their privelege for want of getting somewhere faster.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 19, 2006 8:14 PM  

  • Hhmmm... but I dun notice any ambulances during the after-work rush hour though... how come only in the morning????? *scratching head*

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at December 21, 2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home