Anticipated Serendipity II

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Unwanted Fuss

Since my Asiaworks post seems to be causing so much unwanted fuss, I've decided to remove it completely.

If you wanted to apologize, just say so directly. A simple "Sorry for pressuring u to [insert activity]. I understand u have ur views and it's ok if u decide not to [insert activity]." Dun have to go all dramatic and say scathing things like "If u dun want to [insert activity], then don't. Forget it. No point. I don't want u to." Even better, just pick up the phone and call. God knows how things get all screwed up and misunderstood in text. Hiding behind the other half and getting him/her to talk on your behalf is not going to make things better.

And u know wat?? I apologize. I apologize for agreeing to go to the event even though I didn't want to. I apologize for trying to release some stress by ranting in my own blog. I apologize for swearing. I apologize for frantically trying to rush up my work the past 2 days just so I could get off by 7pm today to get to ur event. I apologize for ALWAYS "reading too much" into your words, though I was just reading the msgs as how they appeared to me. I apologize for never learning, after all this time, that this is who you are and this is how you'll be always.

I've just about had it. Every time something like this happens, it's always me who's "reading too much" into your words. Or me being too sensitive. Even after telling u that I don't like it when u say things that way to me and to pls tone it down coz u always claimed that u didn't know that I was upset. But hey, why listen to me in the first place? I'm always at fault anyway. But u know wat?? I've finally just realized that it's not ALWAYS my fault.

Reality check. I'm NOT like u. Not all of us are like u. Do NOT expect every one of us to be like u. And do NOT expect everyone to think the same way u do and react the same way u would if u'd had the same things said/done to u. It's rather sad, how u'd apologize humbly to a friend but when it comes to the ppl u're supposed to be closest to, the same humility doesn't apply. All we get is a harsh/scathing "If u dun want, then dun do it/dun go. No point." Or so it seems to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home