Anticipated Serendipity II

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Disability

I just found out how difficult it is to try to speak in Cantonese with my very limited knowledge of the language.

See, I've to call this bunch of customers up to tell them that we're giving them free tickets to this event we're sponsoring in Penang next weekend. Since this is an event with Chinese artistes, naturally the customers we're calling are the Chinese bunch. And me, being the banana that I am, am finding it such a struggle to talk to these ppl in Cantonese and occasionally, Mandarin! Phew!!! It's quite a lot of effort trying to process the words first in English and translating it into Cantonese/Mandarin, and even then, only if I know the word in Cantonese/Mandarin. Needless to say, there were lots of "uums" and "ahs" and "errs"... quite sad, actually.

I give up :o(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home