Anticipated Serendipity II

Monday, March 13, 2006

Difficult PM??

Haha... I think I have a reputation here to be a difficult PM i.e.
  • I won't take up any project that's outside my scope without prior instruction from my boss (i.e. if some other mgr says I'm gonna be in charge of Project A, which I've no clue of whatsoever and which was previously managed by another team)
  • If the Sales Mgr gets a potential client whose requirement requires customization/integration, I refuse to deal with the client until we're sure that the deal will go thru (i.e. all loose ends taken care of in terms of any 3rd party confirmation, A&P, roles and responsibilities, etc.). Then I'll handle the project from there onwards. I mean, it's not like I won't do ANYTHING to try to get the deal. I'm fine with doing the proposals and service rollout plans but I just won't talk to the client unless they sign the deal and we're to proceed to development coz the person who got the deal is not me.

I guess they'd think I'm calculative and petty but I know my job scope and I do what I'm supposed to do. If I feel that it's worth it, I'll go the extra mile but right now, I couldn't be bothered. I think this is due to my I-dun-care-anymore-wat-I-do-here-and-I-wanna-get-out-of-here-now attitude. Soooo malas/fed up to deal with the things here already... bleeccckkk...

2 Comments:

  • You sound like you totallyyy hate ur job. Yea, that was what I sounded like when I was interning with this event mgmt firm. Especially when I had to miss my dance class for an inconsequential field assignment :(

    Btw, I like the stuff on ur blog and I'm adding the link on my blog. Hope u dont mind :)

    By Blogger Ranjana, at March 13, 2006 9:53 PM  

  • Haha... well, to be honest, I dun totally hate my job... YET! I'm just tired of dealing with the same ol' thing over and over again. Getting bored, time for a change!! Which I'm hoping will happen soon, if everything goes as planned ;o) Watch this space... hehe...

    Sure, of course I dun mind being linked to ur blog. I like the way u write :o) Am gonna add a link to ur blog too :D

    By Blogger Ai Ling, at March 14, 2006 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home