Anticipated Serendipity II

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I cannot...

...lie to save my life!! gosh, i can count the amount of times I've tried to tell a lie and gotten away with it... uummm... NONE!! This, of course, doesn't count the little white lies that I've told salesppl who've approached me and such la... This is quite sad, actually :o(

So anyway, we'd planned for Wendy's surprise b'day party last Sat. I was assigned to pick her up and go to June's place, on the pretext of having dinner there before we went to Little Havana. So I called her in the afternoon to tell her I'll be picking her up... oh, was supposed to go to Subang with her to check out a beauty thingamajig but I lied and told her I had to run some last min errands for a friend's wedding so I wasn't free. Then later, called her to tell her I'd be picking her up for dinner coz my last errand was in Bangsar. Silly me, should've just thought of an address to tell her when she asked me where exactly in Bangsar I was going to but as I didn't know Bangsar that well, I just said, 'oh, I'm not sure where, I need to check the address that she gave me first'.. DUH! Damn, should've save Brickfields since I know that area better and seeing that it's gonna be an Indian wedding, it'll be totally appropriate.

Anyway, went to June's place to help out with the food, showered and got dressed to pick up Wen. I had to dress in my salsa outfit so that she'd believe we'd be going to LH after dinner. Picked Wen up, got to June's place but before Wen could get into the living room, she spied Andy thru the kitchen opening! ARGH! So there u have it, a surprise party that wasn't really a surprise after all :o(

Took loads of pics... the both of us were the only ones who were dressed up that nite (so sad!) so u can see 2 overdressed gals in the pics... lol! I wore my new top, the one with the bareback... hehe... was quite self-conscious @ the beginning but got used to it after a while.

The rest played Charades after dinner.. I didn't join in coz I couldn't act for nuts.. but in the last round, they made all the non-players do one item each. Category was songs... and Andy gave me 'Armageddon It' by Def Leppard. At first, I was like, 'wat?! How the hell do u act that out?!' but he insisted so i tried. Got the team to guess 'Arm' first then June, bless her!, remarked 'couldn't be armageddon, rite'... and i was jumping up and down and pointing @ her and one of the guys (Mark, i think) got it... lol! so funny! :o)

1 Comments:

  • 100 blogs in 100 days, day 29: Reactuate
    Day 29 of 100 blogs in 100 days comes to use from Ron Davis in Texas Blog: Reacuate About: [Reactuate] Is my personal blog and contains an eclectic mix of subject matter.
    Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my magazines related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest. Come in and check it out if you get time :-.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 20, 2005 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home